K2 Intelligence Financial Integrity Network is looking for an anti-money laundering (AML) analyst to support managed services engagements in our Financial Crimes Risk and Compliance practice. The candidate will carry out tasks on engagements related to conducting an AML or sanctions risk assessment; reviewing or drafting policies and procedures; conducting AML and sanctions alert reviews and dispositions; conducting model governance and validation system testing, tuning, and calibration; implementing remediation measures; and conducting program gap assessment and process improvement.
- Work on engagements related to USA PATRIOT Act, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Know Your Client (KYC), and all other laws, regulations, and requirements designed to establish processes to detect and prevent money laundering, fraud, and terrorism.
- Review and enhance AML and OFAC risk assessments to advise on areas of risk and identify risk mitigation measures to further enhance internal controls.
- Conduct alert reviews which will also include the ability to formulate and clearly articulate a supportable rationale behind the decisioning of “alerts” within cases, drafting case investigations, preparing suspicious activity reports (SARs) utilizing and incorporating other information such as currency transaction reports (CTRs), monetary instrument logs (MILs), and customer identification programs (CIPs).
- Solve basic problems and include senior team members when appropriate.
- Meet utilization targets.
- Interface with clients in a professional manner, including being prepared prior to client meetings to resolve questions and issues.
- Meet deadlines and manage evolving/shifting deadlines.
- Maintain education and knowledge with regard to BSA, AML, KYC, and OFAC regulations as they relate to the USA PATRIOT Act and other pertinent regulations.
- Meet clearly defined productivity and quality assurance standards.
- Be resourceful—offer creative solutions to problems faced by project leader.
- Occasional travel required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Four-year college degree or international equivalent.
- One to three years’ relevant experience at professional services firm and/or bank.
- Transaction monitoring experience and/or OFAC experience is required; AML and OFAC risk assessment and model governance development and implementation experience is a plus.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Strong analytical and decision-making/critical-thinking skills.
- Strong writing skills; must be able to write clear and concise reports and communicate with management.
- Strong internet research skills.
- Proficiency in conducting due diligence using tools such as LexisNexis.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications (pivot tables, charts, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to show initiative and provide proactive updates.
- Exhibited ability to act as a mentor to new hires, helping them to acclimate and introducing them to the group’s culture.
- Responsible for self-development.
- Exhibited ability to maintain a climate of teamwork and cooperation when working with others.
- Demonstrated ability as well as flexibility to perform efficiently in a fast-paced, changing environment.