K2 Intelligence is seeking a self-motivated, highly organized, and detail-oriented paralegal with a minimum of three (3) years of experience gained in-house and/or at a law firm to join its legal team. This is a unique opportunity to be involved in a wide range of legal matters across different practice areas for a fast-moving and complex business. This role will work closely with the general counsel to support the company’s day-to-day operations.
Contract Review and Management
- Review, draft, and revise form agreements.
- Assist with client and vendor contract negotiations.
- Assist with intake of newly executed contracts and maintenance of contract management system.
- Summarize contractual terms, and other business and legal matters, and respond to contract inquiries and requests.
Litigation and Dispute Management
- Assist in-house and outside counsel in the management of litigation and administrative matters, including organizing and maintaining internal files and monitoring ongoing matter activity; assist in any discovery efforts between outside counsel and internal personnel, as needed.
- Assist in the management of the legal hold process, including implementing, maintaining, and tracking legal hold notices.
Regulatory Support CoC
- Maintain portfolio of permits and licenses for applicable business lines, including tracking key dates.
- Handle preparation and filing of new and renewal licenses for applicable business lines, as needed.
Corporate Secretarial and Corporate Governance Support
- Assist with corporate filings for new and existing entities.
- Assist with board meeting preparations, as needed.
Compliance and Legal Process Improvements
- Assist in the preparation, implementation, and refinement of forms, processes, and procedures relevant to areas of coverage.
- Assist in coordinating cross-functional projects and implementing legal initiatives.
- Perform other special assignments, strategic projects, or duties as needed.
Education and Experience
- At least three years of relevant experience gained in-house and/or at a law firm.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with DocuSign and ContractWorks (or a similar contract management system) preferred.
Interpersonal Skills and Competencies
- Highly organized, extremely detail-oriented, autonomous, creative, efficient, and resourceful with strong follow-through skills.
- Ability to manage competing deadlines and demands and nimbly adjust to shifting priorities within a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment.
- Strong work ethic and sense of professionalism and discretion, demonstrating accountability, integrity, good judgment, and respect for confidentiality.
- Ability to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive, “can do” attitude to the workplace and works collaboratively with other members of the legal team and with internal business partners.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Highly analytical and exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Strong desire to learn the business and expand areas of expertise and to function integrally as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Collegial, hard-working, confident self-starter with a passion for results.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter. In order for us to manage your application effectively, please include in the subject line of your email your full name, the role you are applying for, and the location of the role.