K2 Intelligence is seeking a forensic engineer who will perform all engineering-related tasks of new and existing assignments, meeting project requirements and producing high quality and client-ready work products. The candidate will join a skilled team working on a variety of construction projects in the New York metropolitan area.
- Provide engineering services on new and existing assignments as part of a multi-disciplinary team; tasks to include preparing work papers and drafting client deliverables, while working within established time frames and budget.
- Engage in engineering investigations and studies: Conduct site visits to monitor work in progress; audit payment requisitions for completed contract work; perform quality assurance and quality control audits for inspections; review change orders for contract compliance, accuracy and completeness; inappropriate material submission or substitution; procurement reviews; prevailing wage interviews.
- Interact with clients, client representatives and personnel from construction management firms/general contractors.
- Conduct interviews to support investigation activities.
- Travel to support assignments, as needed.
- Associates Degree in engineering, architecture or construction management-related field; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the areas of engineering, construction management, construction audit/integrity monitoring, or architecture.
- Experience working on capital construction and knowledge of applicable laws and regulations of the City of New York.
- Experience in safety, environmental and mass transit sectors.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated team player with solid technical, analytical, and communication skills, verbal and written.
- Certified Fraud Examiner (“CFE”) preferred; ACI, or LEED AP certifications are a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Primavera P6 Professional Project Management.
In order for us to manage your application effectively, please include in the subject line of your email your full name, the role you are applying for, and the location of the role.