K2 Intelligence is seeking an experienced investigator to conduct complex investigations in a variety of areas including integrity monitoring on construction projects in the New York metropolitan area.
- Conduct complex investigations into construction fraud with a focus on monitoring public and private construction projects for evidence of various types of maleficence, safety issues, and wage compliance.
- Respond to incidents and implement policies, procedures, and operating guidelines related to investigating complaints, including collecting intake information; determining the scope of the investigation; creating investigation plans; collecting and analyzing evidence; applying facts to set policies; conducting fact-finding interviews; and making visual observations.
- Provide clients with detailed, high-quality reports that effectively communicate the results of investigations.
- Provide training, guidance, and support to clients on-site.
- Liaise with K2 Intelligence’s investigations team regarding open cases and assignments.
- 15+ Years of experience in law enforcement as a detective, federal agent, or supervisor; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Extensive experience in leading investigations and case management, including experience conducting interviews, collecting evidence, making visual observations, conducting surveillance, and cultivating sources of information related to specific assignments; real estate and construction industry experience preferred.
- Skilled communicator with excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex information, weigh evidence, and determine credibility of witnesses to develop logical conclusions.
- Must possess a knowledge of New York State Penal Law and Criminal Procedure Law, including the rules of evidence.
- Ability to exercise sound operational judgement, as well as flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities and challenges.
- Must be self-motivated and possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Bilingual capabilities preferred.
In order for us to manage your application effectively, please include in the subject line of your email your full name, the role you are applying for, and the location of the role.