The IT systems manager must have a broad technology skill set with a strong basis in networking and Microsoft technologies. This is a very hands-on managerial position that requires an in-depth knowledge across a broad range of technologies and deep knowledge of firewalls, LAN/WAN protocols, and TCP/IP networking. The IT systems manager is responsible for implementing long-term and short-term objectives, managing multiple priorities, and delivering systems to meet the needs of the business environment quickly and within established guidelines, as well as maintaining the availability and reliability of the firm’s IT infrastructure. Responsiveness to the needs of business teams and users and the ability to communicate well with nontechnical staff are key attributes.
- Evaluates and recommends technical solutions based on requirements, including group- and enterprise-wide deployments
- Implements multiple concurrent objectives and effectively prioritizes and allocates time and resources.
- Is responsive to changing demands and priorities that are articulated by business teams and users, redirecting IT staff as necessary in reflection of operational priorities while making progress toward overall goals and objectives.
- Identifies, designs, and implements systems to improve processes and operational policies.
- Maintains technical knowledge by participating in training sessions as needed, attending seminars, and keeping up to date with industry publications.
- Identifies and provides training opportunities to team members.
- Ensures that team members are in compliance with company standards, security policies, work environment requirements, and service hours.
- Serves as an escalation point for Level 3 operational support.
- 10+ years of IT experience
- 3+ years of managerial experience
- Proven experience in IT planning, organization, and execution
- Experience with Fortinet firewalls and HP switches
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking in a LAN and WAN environment
- Knowledge of HP 3Par storage and Flat SAN switches
- Expertise across Microsoft infrastructure technologies
- Strong knowledge of Windows 2012 R2 and its accompanying roles and features
- Strong knowledge of Windows Azure Virtualization, Networking, and associated services
- Experience with Hybrid Cloud/On Premise Designs
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- Knowledge of Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite a plus
- B.A. or B.S. in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical degree
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
In order for us to manage your application effectively, please include in the subject line of your email your full name, the role you are applying for, and the location of the role.