K2 Intelligence is currently seeking a managing director to join our Construction and Real Estate (C&RE) group in our New York office. This is a wide-ranging executive role with responsibility for driving significant business development and revenue generation and delivering high-quality professional services in the construction and real estate industries. Professional services include construction monitoring, regulatory and contractual compliance consulting, claims and litigation advisory services, and investigations and due diligence.
Responsibilities for this leadership role include but are not limited to the following:
- Act as trusted advisor to existing clients, anticipating needs and proactively identifying solutions and opportunities for service.
- Manage the client engagement process from the early proposal stages to project completion.
- Identify prospective clients; establish business relationships with key stakeholders and nurture and expand those within the client organization.
- Meet annual revenue-generation targets.
- Drive the enhancement of existing services and the development of new offerings.
- Represent K2 Intelligence and its construction and real estate services in the marketplace through speaking engagements, thought leadership pieces, and attendance at curated relevant events.
- Enhance personal network to encourage the exchange of referrals and new clients together with business opportunities.
- Assist with the growth and development of the practice, specifically with talent, resources, partnerships, and enhancing capabilities.
- 10+ years of consulting experience in the construction and real estate industries, especially with the oversight and delivery of large infrastructure projects.
- Expertise in the areas of forensic investigations, fraud and corruption investigations, compliance, and risk assessment and risk management consulting.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree and/or similar advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated track record in business development, with the ability to leverage an established network of contacts to generate new referrals.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain strong client relationships.
- Experience overseeing complex and large projects.
- Strong mentoring skills and experience developing other professionals.
- Self-motivated with strong technical, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Articulate, professional, with excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Prior public sector experience in attorney general’s, prosecutor’s, or inspector general’s office strongly preferred.
- Willingness to travel.
In order for us to manage your application effectively, please include in the subject line of your email your full name, the role you are applying for, and the location of the role.