We have a new opportunity for an analyst to work on a variety of cases including anti-money laundering and counterterrorism finance (AML/CTF) engagements within our research unit. The London office of K2 Intelligence works for clients across the EMEA region and there is a specific requirement for a fluent Russian and Ukrainian speaker to service a growing number of clients in the region.
- Conduct research, identifying and collating information from a variety of sources in English, Russian, and Ukrainian.
- Conduct due diligence, including Know Your Customer (KYC), pre-employment, and pre-investment due diligence.
- Review, analyze, and present on large volumes of client documentation and records.
- Master the use of wide variety of multijurisdictional information and intelligence collection resources and databases.
- Identify gaps in the available information, locate new sources to provide information, and test acquired information where necessary.
- Analyze research findings, identifying the important information and suggesting further steps for consideration.
- Write up findings in a clear and concise format and in a way that directly addresses the client’s issues.
- Attend client meetings and training courses to develop skills and expertise.
- Assist with engagements related to AML/CTF regulations and all other laws, standards, and requirements designed to detect and prevent money laundering, fraud, and terrorism.
- Review transactional data and identify indicators of potentially unusual or suspicious activity.
- Draft case reports detailing investigative findings and alert disposition rationale; prepare suspicious activity reports (SARs) as required.
- Apply a strong analytical skill set to support the alert review process, formulating and clearly articulating a supportable rationale behind the decisioning of “alerts” within cases.
- Review and clear alerts associated with politically exposed person (PEP) or sanctions list screening.
- Begin to identify human intelligence sources and (for those with more experience) manage source relationships where appropriate under the supervision of a case manager.
- Ensure that all work is completed to K2 Intelligence’s standards and with a high level of personal commitment.
- Ensure that all work and documentation is maintained and organized in accordance with K2 Intelligence’s procedures.
- Work to required deadlines.
- Full language fluency in English, Russian, and Ukrainian.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree.
- At least one year of full-time employment in professional services, which must include experience conducting KYC due diligence and multilingual research. Experience in an investigations consultancy will be an advantage.
- Experience working on consulting projects relating to AML/CTF, in particular for international financial institutions.
- Familiarity with major sanctions lists, watchlists, and compliance databases; experience conducting searches of these lists and interpreting findings, including identification of false positives.
- Experience writing detailed reports.
- A demonstrable track record of producing work of consistently high quality for a demanding audience.
- Sound knowledge of basic commercial and business terms and knowledge of how businesses and organisations operate.
- The ability to work under time pressure and on multiple projects concurrently.
- The ability to work as part of a team—seeking advice, asking questions, and helping other team members when not fully utilised.
- Proactive in developing new skills, knowledge, and experience.
- A desire to learn and delve into detail, with a clear focus on attention to detail.
- A demonstrated commitment to K2 Intelligence’s core values—teamwork, open and honest communication, discipline, integrity, accountability, and working together to make a difference.
- Ability to travel internationally at short notice.
In order for us to manage your application effectively, please include in the subject line of your email your full name, the role you are applying for, and the location of the role.