K2 Intelligence is adding a physical security specialist who will be responsible for service development and delivery for physical security engagements. Candidate is responsible for the assessment, recommendation, and implementation of offerings. This may include, but is not limited to, executive protection, access control, investigations/reports, and physical security (cameras, video, alarms). It may also include acting as liaison with client building management and law enforcement, acting as a driver for client, and overseeing security construction build outs.
- Audit facilities for security-related deficiencies; recommend and implement corrective action.
- Investigate violations of security and privacy as well as possible crimes committed that impact client and prepare concise confidential report for client.
- Maintain case management files and evidence in accordance with legal requirements and resolve cases in an appropriate manner, which may include providing evidence leading to arrest, prosecution, and corrective action, and making recommendations to prevent future occurrences.
- Relating to client travel, perform protective advances and conduct surveys and analyses to identify how critical and vulnerable facilities or sites are and if there are any threats against them; adjust plans and schedules accordingly; and develop acceptable alternative strategies in response to delays, sudden and/or major changes in itineraries, or the introduction of critical intelligence.
- Provides guidance, training, and support to clients at various locations.
- Liaise with local and federal agencies.
- Substantial background in large metropolitan police agency or federal law enforcement agency.
- Extensive experience managing sophisticated complex law enforcement investigations and law enforcement dignitary protection or experience in a law enforcement intelligence division.
- Law enforcement experience in interdicting armed suspects in a public setting.
- Knowledgeable concerning TAPA, physical security, and designing security systems including CCTV, access control, and alarm systems.
- Knowledgeable of TSA and C-TPAT regulations.
- Superior interpersonal skills; ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure.
- Experience in private sector security preferred.
- Flexibility for travel.
- John Reid or Wicklander-Zulawski interview training preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, database, and web-based applications.
- Adept at security-related technology.
- Prefer candidate who has a permit to carry a concealed weapon in multiple states, including New York, New Jersey, California, Illinois, and Texas.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Along with their resume, candidates should include a short writing sample (no longer than 2 pages).
In order for us to manage your application effectively, please include in the subject line of your email your full name, the role you are applying for, and the location of the role.