K2 Intelligence is seeking a proposal/RFP manager to join our team. The proposal/RFP manager position supports all phases of the proposal response process from opportunity identification, coordination of content development, and drafting to management and presentation of content, practice review, and coordination of final submittal.
- Identify sources for RFPs.
- Analyze RFPs, produce a high-level summaries, and quickly provide snapshots of proposal requirements.
- Manage content relating to the firm’s RFP submissions and implement the firm’s standards for responding to RFPs.
- Coordinate and organize proposal writing across practice groups; assist in identifying synergies between practice groups in proposal writing process as applicable.
- Assist with developing and writing about technical solutions, and gathering critical information from past submissions.
- Leverage network, experience, and facts to respond to RFP/proposal requests appropriately for the client.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and other writers to refine proposal sections to ensure accuracy, compliance, consistency, and reflection of win strategies.
- Draft RFPs and prepare required documentation to ensure that RFPs in progress are in compliance with instructions.
- Present information to clients in an engaging manner, enlisting the strengths of the company and making it a strong contender for getting a contract.
- Manage production and distribution of all required documents, including corporate information such as financials, human resources, and insurance.
- Contribute to business development efforts for new sales and marketing, including support for responses to requests for quotes, sources sought, proposals, and/or presentations as requested.
- Develop an internal system for tracking RFPs; track and assess metrics related to RFP submissions.
- Identify necessary technology solutions for maximum efficiency, such as a database for tracking or design software for creating templates (for example, Qvidian).
- Develop process for feedback on submissions to leverage experience from successful proposals/wins to develop strategies for winning submissions.
- Develop good working relationships both internally and externally.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master’s preferred in business, marketing, or related area.
- 5 to 7+ years of related experience in proposal/RFP management from opportunity identification through submittal.
- 3+ years of experience in preparation of government proposals and/or grant applications.
- 3 to 5 years of experience of researching and developing sources of RFPs.
- 2+ years of experience working with all levels of an organization, including senior executive leadership.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including persuasive writing skills, with an eye toward marketing the strengths of the company in the best possible way.
- Excellent writing skills, with close attention to detail and style.
- Ability to independently draft and synthesize information.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Adept at database/information management.
- Ability to multitask, work in pressure-filled situations, and meet short deadlines.
- Skilled at absorbing information quickly
- Ability to work independently and to coordinate directly with marketing, firm administrative departments (finance, HR), practice groups, and senior leadership with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite such as Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
In order for us to manage your application effectively, please include in the subject line of your email your full name, the role you are applying for, and the location of the role.