Reporting to the assistant controller, the senior accountant will assist in carrying out responsibilities of the accounting department for K2 Intelligence.
- Participate in the year-end audit, including preparation of audited financial statements and necessary supporting documents; coordinate with external auditors; coordinate with external tax providers.
- Prepare balance sheet account analyses. Research and resolve issues and coordinate with other staff as needed.
- Maintain the fixed asset register and associated depreciation schedules.
- Prepare month-end journal entries in the firm’s finance system (3E Elite).
- Prepare commercial rent tax and sales tax returns.
- Prepare and distribute weekly cashflow to support treasury management decisions of the firm.
- Prepare and distribute a daily report that includes cash balances, collections, billings, and billable hours for the firm.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations. Research and resolve issues, coordinating with other staff as needed.
- Prepare intercompany analysis and reconciliations, including coordination of intercompany invoicing for corporate allocations with various entities.
- Four-year degree with a major in accounting. Minimum GPA of 3.0 in major and overall.
- CPA with a minimum of two years of public accounting experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Excel and Word).
- An ambitious individual whose personal behavior reflects positively upon the firm.
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Holds oneself to a high performance standard.
- Detail oriented with an emphasis on technical tasks and strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing and communication skills allowing effective communication at all levels.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative and consensus-driven environment with highly skilled professionals.
In order for us to manage your application effectively, please include in the subject line of your email your full name, the role you are applying for, and the location of the role.