The service desk manager’s role is to oversee the service desk staff and ensure that end users are receiving the appropriate assistance across our offices in the US, UK, Spain, and Israel. The service desk staff consists of two full-time service desk analysts and a part-time contractor. This is a very hands-on leadership role. The service desk manager will be required to deal with multiple simultaneous support issues individually and in coordination with the service desk analysts. The position is also responsible for managing the desktop, including the base operating system, application awareness and education, application deployment, and patching.
- Supervise, train, coach, and mentor service desk analysts
- Analyze performance of service desk activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems
- Manage the processing of incoming requests to the service desk to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end user issues
- Manage the technology aspect of the employee onboarding/off-boarding process
- Coordinate and/or perform hands-on fixes at the user’s desktop, including installing and upgrading software and configuring systems and applications
- Manage and coordinate the deployment of new desktop systems
- Manage asset inventory for all sites
- Ensure that physical inventory levels are maintained and replenished as needed
- Desktop Architecture and Design
- Manage mobile devices and contracts
- Manage copiers and printers and contracts
- Implementation and manage appropriate enterprise desktop management solution(s) including service desk software
- Manage user accounts and user access
- Track and analyze trends in service desk requests and generate statistical reports
- Identify, recommend, develop, and implement end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency
- Oversee development and dissemination of help sheets, usage guides, and FAQ lists for end users
- Oversee the development, implementation, and administration of help desk staff training procedures and policies
- Interview, hire, and conduct performance reviews of service desk analysts
- Excellent customer service experience.
- Excellent understanding of the help desk environment, including operations, processes, etc.
- Minimum of five years of IT experience
- Minimum of two years of supervisory experience
- Strong knowledge of Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, and Microsoft Office
- Strong knowledge of PC hardware setup and configuration
- Strong understanding of iPhones and Android phones
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- B.A. or B.S. in computer science, computer engineering, or other undergraduate degree
- Knowledge of DHCP, SMTP, TCP/IP, and DNS
- Experience with active directory management of users, computers, and groups
In order for us to manage your application effectively, please include in the subject line of your email your full name, the role you are applying for, and the location of the role.