(New York, August 14, 2017) – We are pleased to announce that K2 Intelligence has reached an agreement with a team of financial services and cyber defense industry leaders establishing BlueteamGlobal,* a new company delivering advanced cyber threat intelligence for large companies and managed cybersecurity services for smaller businesses. K2 Intelligence is the largest shareholder of the new company and has an exclusive, strategic marketing and services alliance with BlueteamGlobal.
BlueteamGlobal merges complementary cybersecurity technology businesses: the K2 Intelligence Cyber Defense practice, known for its end-to-end cybersecurity services and solutions; K2G, known for its extensive Dark Web threat intelligence capabilities; and BitVoyant, known for its cyber-derived intelligence and comprehensive internet activity databases.
“This is an important milestone for K2 Intelligence. Over the past few years we have carefully crafted our Cyber Defense practice and we are exceptionally proud of the work the team has done on behalf of its clients and of its collective accomplishments. We have chosen to stand as one of the founding investors in BlueteamGlobal, a company that will set a new standard in threat monitoring and cyber defense services,” said Jeremy Kroll, CEO and founder of K2 Intelligence.
“Through our exclusive commercial partnership with BlueteamGlobal we are gaining access to new capabilities, products and services to offer to our clients,” Kroll added.
K2 Intelligence practitioner teams will continue to deliver cyber defense services using its own consultants and through its exclusive partnership with BlueteamGlobal will work seamlessly with the new company when its special skill sets are needed. K2 Intelligence’s Private Client Services practice will continue to provide customized cyber defense and privacy protection services tailored to the needs of high-profile and high-net-worth individuals.
BlueteamGlobal’s leadership includes Jim Rosenthal, the former Chief Operating Officer of Morgan Stanley, as CEO, and Tom Glocer, the former Chief Executive Officer of Thomson Reuters, as Executive Chairman of the company’s board of directors. Jules Kroll, chair and co-founder of K2 Intelligence, will serve on the board of directors of BlueteamGlobal, as will Gad Goldstein. Jeremy Kroll, president, CEO and co-founder of K2 Intelligence, will serve on the company’s advisory board, which will be chaired by Admiral Mike Mullen, former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and a member of K2 Intelligence’s advisory board.
BlueteamGlobal has assembled a deep team of senior leaders from both the private sector and national security agencies:
* In December 2017, BlueteamGlobal changed its corporate name to BlueVoyant.
- Dan Ennis, former Director of the NSA’s Threat Operations Center, and Ron Feler, formerly Deputy Commander of the Israel Defense Forces’ Unit 8200, will lead advanced cyber threat intelligence services.
- K2G’s Gad Goldstein, who served as a division head in the Israel Security Agency, Shin Bet, in the rank equivalent to Major General, will lead deep and dark web intelligence.
- K2 Intelligence’s Austin Berglas, the former head of the FBI’s New York Cyber Branch, and Milan Patel, former CTO for the Cyber Division at the FBI, will lead managed security and professional services.
- Lord Mandelson, a former European Trade Commissioner and British First Secretary of State, and current chairman of global consultancy Global Counsel, will serve as chair of the business in Europe. He will work with an operational team of former European cyber intelligence professionals. Robert Hannigan, former director of GCHQ, the UK intelligence service, will head the company’s European advisory board.