Virtual Cyber HouseCall® by K2 Intelligence bolsters the cybersecurity defenses of our high-profile and high-net-worth clients, their families, and their homes via remote interactive sessions. K2 Intelligence’s cyber experts will virtually conduct a holistic review and assessment of clients’ security settings and configurations on home and personal devices. We will also remotely analyze home networks, review wireless access points, secure online accounts, and educate clients on best practices and incident response.
Virtual Cyber HouseCall®—Standard Service
- Implement best practices via a two- to three-hour remote interactive session with one of K2 Intelligence’s cybersecurity experts. During this remote session, our expert will remote into the client’s devices using TeamViewer. From there our expert will click through all the security settings and configurations of the client’s devices, and implement best practices.
- Implement a password management system. A K2 Intelligence expert will walk the client through the integration of LastPass into the client’s browser and mobile devices, assisting with a few password entries so the client feels comfortable using this tool on their own from the start.
- Harden router security settings to ensure the client’s home network is using all essential security features. This may include setting up a segregated guest network to separate devices that may be at risk to increased exposure from the client’s personal devices.
- Assess IoT devices to ensure they meet appropriate cybersecurity standards. Internet of things (IoT) devices include computing and smart devices on the client’s network can receive and transfer data. IoT devices such as printers, doorbells, thermostats, smart TVs, smart watches, or speakers are often overlooked as potentially vulnerable points of compromise on a network, and because of this are often targeted by malicious actors as a method to gain access to a network.
- Implement ad blocking to ensure client’s data is not being shared with unnecessary data collection outlets, which would lead to an increase of unwanted exposure.
Virtual Cyber HouseCall®—Best Practices Review
- Implement best practices via a 60-minute Facetime, Google Hangouts, Zoom Meeting, or Skype session with one of K2 Intelligence’s cybersecurity experts.
- Provide overall personal cybersecurity best practices.
- Review status of client's personal accounts and make recommendations on how to limit unwanted exposure to the public internet.
- Review security settings and configurations of personal accounts and devices.
- Review VPN best practices to help secure your internet traffic when using untrusted Wi-Fi or handling sensitive information.
- Review the implementation and use of a password management system to keep all passwords and private data in a secure location. When implemented correctly, all accounts will be significantly safer while still being manageable for the client.